Are you looking for the best high-performance clutch kits for your harley davidson? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Whether you are looking for improved shift response or increased torque capacity, then you’ll find what you need here.
Do you feel like you’re stuck in traffic, spinning your wheels, and just not going anywhere? A high-performance clutch kit will instantly give you better throttle response and greater torque capacity, allowing you to get off the line faster and go farther.
Are you tired of dealing with slip and stall issues that make riding your bike unpleasant? Listed clutch kits are designed to reduce clutch slippage, providing smoother shifts and more consistent performance.
Best High-Performance Clutch For Harley Davidson – Top Picks
We’ve compared and tested the top five high-performance clutch models available for Harley Davidsons, evaluating their features, performance, and price.
We’ve included a range of models to suit different budgets and performance needs.
1. Rekluse TorqDrive Manual Clutch
The Rekluse Clutch for Harley-Davidson is one of the best high-performance clutches for Harley Davidson. It offers a range of features to make sure your ride is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
It is designed to prevent sliding and is adjustable to work with high-horsepower engines. This is great for high-performance driving where you need to make sure your bike stays on the track.
Improved heat dissipation and extended clutch life are made possible by the steel core friction discs in this clutch. For increased durability, the Rekluse Clutch is comprised of powder-coated billet aluminum. This means that regardless of how long you are out cruising, you can rely on your vehicle to remain in excellent shape.
Special Rekluse sleeves are incorporated into the Rekluse TorqDrive clutch to prevent notching and basket wear. For people who want their bike to last a long time and run efficiently, this function is fantastic.
Only 3.84 pounds make up the weight of this clutch. This is excellent for individuals who require a lightweight grip with lots of power.
What We Like
- Smooth, linear clutch engagement
- Improved shifting and clutch modulation
- Offers thrilling experience by connecting throttle and rear tire directly.
- Rekluse basket sleeves get rid of notching and wear on the baskets.
- More friction increases torque capacity, allowing you to use your engine’s full potential without the addition of lockup mechanisms or stiffer pressure plate springs.
- Improved heat dissipation and longer clutch life thanks to discs with steel cores
What We Don’t Like
- Plugs made for use in the US are compatible with US outlets, but other countries may use different voltages, necessitating the use of an adapter or converter.
- Clutch engagement may require an adjustment period.
2. Barnett Performance Clutch
This clutch is designed with lightweight components and superior surface area to reduce slippage and provide a reliable, smooth ride.
With a weight of just 0.634 ounces, the has a clear advantage over conventional clutch systems. Combining this weight reduction with a 12% increase in clutch plate surface area results in reduced clutch system wear and tear and a smoother, more dependable ride.
Bar-Flex, an oil-resistant friction compound that can be utilized both wet and dry, is another characteristic. This material can withstand the harshest environments and is highly durable. It is simple to control and has a smooth grasp and shift.
Installation of the Barnett Clutch is easy. This kit does not need a rivet piece double steel drive plate, so you can simply throw it away. There is also a helpful installation video on YouTube that will show you exactly how to install the clutch.
What We Like
- Clutch engagement feels stock-like
- Smooth shifting with reduced gear clunk
- Improved neutral finding ability
- Compatible with 2006 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 roadster with 26k miles
- Works well with the original diaphragm spring
- Extra plate kit replaces known-to-fail spring plate
- Easy installation for first-time clutch replacers
- Requires primary gasket and oil for installation
- Prevents clutch failure and slippage
- Restores the bike’s performance and smoothness
- Kevlar material offers superior heat resistance compared to carbon fiber
- Alleviates problematic clutch spring
- Eliminates problematic riveted spring plate.
What We Don’t Like
- The adjustment process for the clutch can be difficult
- Old style clutch kit may not be compatible with some models
- Proper clutch adjustment can be difficult to achieve
3. Bikers Choice Clutch Hub 148109
Bikers Choice Clutch is an all-in-one solution that gives you everything you need and more. Weighing in at only 2.6 pounds less than other clutches, this hub offers an elbow at a 90° angle which provides the perfect fit for Harley-Davidson Big Twin FLST (+6) 1990 and Harley-Davidson Big Twin FLSTC (+6) 90-95 models.
Not only it looks good but it’s also incredibly strong. Thanks to its incorporation of steel spines and an aluminum hub framework, this hub performs as well as OEM and offers superior strength. On top of that, this clutch has been tested to ensure that it is up to the job of meeting the demands of an active Harley Davidson.
For anyone seeking a reliable and durable clutch, this clutch is a great choice. Because of its distinctive design, it provides a seamless and effortless shifting experience with almost no clutch slippage.
The hub also has a robust and corrosion-resistant coating, which provides additional defense against deterioration.
What We Like
- Perfect fit for 1990-1997 “Big Twin” Harley-Davidsons with EVO engines
- Easy and straightforward installation
- Great performance and durability even after long-term use
- Incorporates an aluminum hub structure and steel spines.
What We Don’t Like
- This clutch can only be used with above mentioned Harley Davidson bikes
4. DB Electrical SHD5000 Clutch
Compared to other clutches, this clutch’s improved brushes and bushings last longer and perform better. This implies that your clutch will perform better and endure longer than other clutches on the market.
Every time you install this clutch, it will fit perfectly thanks to its true-fit construction. This implies that you won’t need to make any additional tweaks or modifications to attain the perfect fit.
One year of warranty is included with the SHD5000 Clutch. This means that you can contact us for a replacement clutch if your clutch is having any issues, and we will do all in our power to assist.
The DB Clutch is 100% brand-new and aftermarket, meaning it is constructed to adhere to OEM guidelines for Harley-Davidson. This ensures that you get the best quality and performance out of your clutch.
Last but not least, this clutch includes 11 teeth and a CW rotation. With this feature, you can expect the best performance and compatibility with most Harley-Davidson models.
What We Like
- Starter problem in 1988 Softail Custom HD 1340 FXSTC has been fixed.
- Has been working flawlessly for a month and is started almost every day.
- Fits perfectly and performs as advertised.
- Highly recommended for a 1986 Low Rider 80 CI Evo.
What We Don’t Like
- Only works with mentioned Davidson’s models
5. MULLER AG Power Clutch
This first-generation clutch is designed for Big Twin, Sportsters, and Buells, and it’s incredibly simple to install – no drilling or spacers required.
Much of the infamous “clunk” that occurs when changing the bike from neutral into gear is eliminated by the MULLER Clutch’s reduced weight and easier modulation.
By reducing the effort required to lift the clutch, shifting becomes simpler and more fluid. It is therefore perfect for riders who like a smoother ride. Moreover, the MULLER Clutch is at least 40% lighter than rival clutches with an item weight of 0.53 pounds.
It is designed for improved performance. This clutch uses advanced friction materials, which combine the benefits of the disc and spring-loaded plates for reduced heat and improved performance. This ensures that your bike performs optimally no matter how hard you push it.
Built from high-strength materials and engineered to withstand high temperatures, this clutch is designed to outlast and outperform competitors.
A final benefit is the ease of maintenance and repair of the Power Clutch. The components are easily accessible, making it simple to perform maintenance and repairs quickly and efficiently.
What We Like
- 40% less clutch pull for easier city riding
- Smooth operation, similar to the original clutch ramp
- Quick installation (1.5 hrs) without removing pipes
- Reduces hand cramping on longer rides
- Compatible with big bore kits and stronger clutch ramp
- Eases strain on clutch hand for easier use
- Operable with just 2 fingers
- Can greatly improve comfort for aging hands.
What We Don’t Like
- Adjusting the clutch under the derby cover can be tricky.
- Removing mufflers may prolong the installation process.
- It may take some time to become accustomed to the power clutch’s distinct feel.
Buying Guide for Best High-Performance Clutch For Harley Davidson
Finding the right clutch for your Harley Davidson can be challenging. To make an informed decision, you must choose the right type of clutch for your Harley Davidson and consider its performance.
If you’re looking for a high-performance clutch for your Harley Davidson, read on for our comprehensive buying guide.
1. Consider the Materials Used
A clutch made for high-performance use needs to be high-quality. In high-performance applications, clutches made with high-quality materials will withstand high pressures and repetitive use.
The clutch’s material design must also be adjusted to the motorcycle’s requirements.
Materials such as Kevlar, carbon fiber, and ceramics are often used in high-performance clutch designs to ensure that they can withstand the extreme pressures and temperatures of high-performance use.
Also, consider the overall weight of the clutch, as lighter materials often provide better performance and less wear and tear.
2. Look at the Torque Capacity
The torque capacity of a clutch is an essential factor to consider when selecting the best high-performance clutch for Harley Davidson. The torque capacity tells you how much power the clutch can handle without slipping, and is an important measure of the clutch’s effectiveness and longevity.
You should select a clutch with the appropriate torque capacity for your Harley Davidson if you want it to handle more power and last longer.
A clutch with too low of a torque capacity will not be able to handle the power of your bike, whereas a clutch with too high of a torque capacity may cause unnecessary wear and tear on your bike.
3. Select the Right Clutch Plate
A high-performance clutch is achieved by selecting the right clutch plate for a Harley Davidson. The clutch plate, also known as the friction disc, must have the correct material type and thickness to match the clutch components and give optimal performance.
The material used for the plates must have a good coefficient of friction, high heat tolerance, and the ability to withstand the high engine loads that are generated by a Harley Davidson.
The thickness of the plates must be appropriate for the application and the number of plates used must be optimized to ensure the clutch is delivering maximum performance. If the wrong type of plate is used, it can cause higher wear and tear and reduce the life of the clutch.
Compatibility is one of the most important factors when considering the best high-performance clutch for a Harley Davidson. Different Harley models have different specifications, so it’s essential to ensure that the clutch is right for the particular model. It must be compatible with the current engine and transmission components, including the flywheel, bell housing, and transmission mount.
In addition, the clutch needs to match the engine management system, as well as any modifications that have been made to the engine or transmission. Ensure that the clutch is designed to handle the additional power and torque of a high-performance upgrade.
5. Easy installation
To ensure that you don’t risk making any errors, the installation procedure should be easy to understand. Also, it ought to be simple to repair the clutch’s parts without the need for specialized equipment or training.
The majority of clutches come with thorough installation manuals, and some even have everything you need. In addition, if you don’t have much experience, several manufacturers provide tutorials and walkthroughs on how to install their clutches.
Also, simple installation guarantees that the clutch will be correctly calibrated and function as intended. With high-performance Harley Davidsons, this is particularly crucial because the clutch needs to be able to manage the additional power.
Ultimately, when choosing the best clutch for your Harley Davidson, easy installation should be a top priority.
Over To You!
Overall, the best high-performance clutch for Harley Davidson is subjective to the rider’s desired performance and the type of bike.
We have discussed the top 5 clutches above. Each of these clutches is designed to provide an excellent balance between smooth operation, durability, and performance.
Furthermore, these clutches are designed to handle the increased power of an upgraded engine and the abuse of being ridden hard. With the right clutch in place, riders can enjoy the full performance of their Harley Davidson without sacrificing reliability.
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API