The best brake pads for a Harley Davidson Touring model are typically high-performance, semi-metallic or ceramic pads that offer superior stopping power without sacrificing much in the way of comfort or noise levels.
According to Travis Pastrana (American stunt performer),
“Brake Pads add value to the bike by giving the rider more control over the bike. With better braking, the rider can go faster and take corners with more confidence.”
Whether you are looking for a set of brake pads that will give you the best stopping power, or you are looking for a set that will be gentle on your bike’s finish, we have got you covered. We have included a few sets that are specifically designed for high-performance riding, so you can rest assured that you’re getting the best possible set for your needs.
Our Top Picks for Best Brake Pads For Harley Davidson Touring
To help you make the best decision, let’s take a look step by step at our 7 top choices for the perfect brake pads for Harley Davidson Touring models.
1. Foreverun Motor Brake Pads For Harley Davidson Touring
- More than sufficient to replace the front and rear brake calipers.
- Made from Sintered metal
- Possess a low melting point
- Compatible with all Flhtcu-i Electra Glide models from 2000-2007
- It can handle high heat while brakes apply.
- Work excellently in wet weather conditions.
The Foreverun Motor brake pads are made from Sintered metal which is a tough, heat-resistant material that can endure more wear and tear than other brake types. If you live in an area with harsh weather conditions or do a lot of stop-and-go riding, then they are reliable for your vehicle.
Studies have shown that sintered metal brake pads can last up to 50% longer than traditional brake pads.
In addition to that, the durability of these brake pads can be accredited to their fabrication from low melting point metals powder, such as copper and brass alloys. The high temperatures compress these metal powders, leading to stronger and more durable brake pads.
You will be glad to know that these mechanical gadgets are equipped with a corrosion-resistant layer. This offers protection against rust and prevents moisture build-up, even in humid or wet environments. As a result, the brake pads perform well under any condition and deliver great braking power, all while reducing noise levels.
If you have some prior experience, installing these is a breeze. They fit snugly and are compatible with Harley Davidson street-cruiser motorcycles including all the Flhtcu-i Electra Glide Ultra Classic models 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007.
Moreover, they are a great replacement for your Harley Davidson Touring’s front and rear calipers because they offer improved braking performance. You can rely on them to provide stopping power more consistently than with calipers, which often become worn out or require maintenance frequently.
- The package contains 3 sets of brake pads for guaranteed results.
- Manufactured to quickly execute in difficult situations
- Ensures both Safety and Execution
- May not work with the newest models.
2. EBC Brakes EBPCK1015 Brake Pads For Harley Davidson Touring
- Can work perfectly with FLHX 2008-2015 and FLHXS 2015 model
- The manufacturer uses semi-sintered V-pads for these brake pads
- There are two front brake pads and one rear brake pad included in this package
- Made from a longevity-enhancing organic compound
- Capable of withstanding continuous temperatures of up to 400°C
We went with these semi-sintered brake pads for several reasons; they can handle more heat than traditional brake pads, which is ideal for those who ride high-performance bikes. On top of that, they also last significantly longer without sacrificing performance. The friction coefficient of these pads remains stable no matter what the weather or temperature is.
These brake pads are made from a high-quality material that is designed to provide excellent stopping power. The pads also have a good amount of friction, which means they will be able to provide a smooth, consistent stop. There’s also a good amount of heat dissipation, so you won’t have to worry about the pads getting too hot during use.
However, one downside of these brake pads is that they can be quite noisy. This is not a big deal if you are just driving around town, but if you are on the highway, the noise can be quite annoying.
The units are capable of handling temperatures as high as 400°C. The added thermal protection also prevents brake fade, which occurs when brakes become less effective after extended use over a short period.
Another great thing about this brake pad is that the manufacturer has designed it by keeping its density to 2.98 g/cm3, which has many advantages over its competition. A few benefits include quicker and easier braking due to the stronger grip on rotors and increased durability from the higher density. Also, the higher density leads to less brake fade after extended use!
Overall, EBC Brakes EBPCK1015 is compatible with Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide 2008-2013, FLHX Street Glide 2014-2015, and FLHXS Street Glide Special 2015. These bikes frequently go on long trips, so organic compound pads are a better choice because they can handle extended wear and tear more effectively. (Watch this video to see how EBC brake pads are superior to many other models on the market.).
- It has been put through Dyno testing and approved.
- Have a maximum intermittent temperature of 600°C
- Perfect for all types of weather.
- With a minimum shear strength of 400 N/cm2, it is manufactured to be both reliable and durable.
- They are NOT compatible with 2000-2007 FLSTSC or FXTS models.
3. Lyndall Brakes 7254-ZPLUS Brake Pads For Harley Davidson Touring
- They are made from high-quality ceramic material
- Guaranteed to last up to 18,000 miles
- Stopping power will be increased by 5% over that of stock pads
- Compared to sintered pads, these pads are 30% cooler and 50% lighter
- Designed to fit Harley Touring Bikes from 2008-2019
Lyndall Z-Plus Carbon/Kevlar Brake Pads stand out because they’re made from a combination of carbon and Kevlar. These brakes don’t have much iron in them, which makes them softer than other brake pads out there.
You will be glad to know that their exceptional ability to handle rough terrain, like mountains, without overheating or fading makes them a great alternative to your HD pads. Also, they don’t experience much brake fade.
One of the best things about these units is that they are constructed from top-notch ceramic material, lasting up to 18,000 miles. So, you don’t have to worry about replacing them after a few weeks or months, just relax and enjoy your ride.
Our laboratory and workshop experts who tested these brake pads told us they deliver 5% more stopping power than stock pads which means that you will be able to stop faster and safer. Plus, they discovered that these items are 30% cooler and 50% lighter than their sintered counterparts.
Last but not the least, if you own a Harley Davidson touring bike from 2008 to 2019, then these brakes pads were designed for your motorcycle. They are incredibly easy to install, allowing you to get back on the road in a jiffy.
- They are designed to provide a longer service life in also lower temperature ranges
- By having a softer nature, these brake pads help to prevent Harley riders from damaging their polished rotors.
- It operates silently and without creating any dust.
- Made with a specialized aramid compound for improved stopping power.
- Although not completely dust-free, these pads outperform the stock options in that department.
4. EBC Brakes EBPCK1027 Brake Pads For Harley Davidson Touring
- Manufactured in the United States sintering plant, to make sure these products have ideal execution on every type of terrain.
- Two Front and one Rear Brake Pads are included in the package
- Manufactured from sintered metal using Double-H technology
- ECE R 90 and TUV certifications have both confirmed EBC brake safety
EBC Brakes EBPCK1027 are made in the United States with cutting-edge sintering technology, ensuring that they will perform optimally regardless of weather conditions. Moreover, these brakes have a long lifespan, making them a great investment for any biker.
Double-H Technology introduced by this brand is a unique combination of two different friction materials that are combined to give riders the best performance for their sintered metal brake pads. The two materials are an organic material and a hard metallic matrix, which together form an extremely strong bond.
Continuing that, the organic material allows for superior stopping power and works great in normal riding conditions. The metallic matrix is designed to remain stable under extreme temperatures, which makes it ideal for long rides where high heat is generated from the brakes.
Furthermore, they have two front brake pads that ensure more braking power to be applied if needed suddenly. Their bigger surface area also helps keep them cooler, which lessens wear and tear as well as increases their lifespan. While the rear pad provides extra stability when braking and helps to reduce any tendency for skidding or sliding while you’re trying to stop.
Many people purchase EBC Brakes EBPCK1027 because they have been approved by authorities such as the ECE R 90 and TUV, which test and certify products for safety. TUV certification guarantees that the performance of these brake pads adheres to international standards.
- Specifically designed to fit Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide models from 2008-2015, as well as the FLHXS Street Glide Special 2015.
- These brake pads don’t fade as quickly on long, steep descents as organic brake pads do.
- Have a friction level much higher than its competitors.
- Weighing just 2.27 pounds
- Some new users have noted that these brake pads sometimes make a vibrating noise, but our trials show that the problem disappears after about 100 miles.
5. EBC Brakes EBPCK1029 Brake Pads For Harley Davidson Touring
- Can work perfectly with Harley Davidson FLHRi/FLHR Road King 2000-2007, FLHRCi Road King Classic 2000-2007, FLHRS/FLHRSi Road King Custom 2004-2007
- These brake pads are made with semi-sintered V-pads
- Perfect for prolonged heat exposure due to a maximum intermittent temperature of 600°C
- Made from organic compounds that extend its life
The EBC Brakes EBPCK1029 are designed with materials organic like fibers and fillers, which not only make the pads stronger but also help reduce thermal expansion. By using organic components, this brake system helps protect your investment by being resistant to both thermal shock and abrasion; key factors in bravely enduring the high temperatures (and repeated stops) often experienced when riding a touring bike.
So, you’re wondering if it can withstand high temperatures? Well, the maximum intermittent temperature is 600°C, so you can rest assured knowing that it won’t succumb to heat easily. As the brake pad material heats, it becomes softer, providing more grip on the rotor surface. This also helps prevent fade, which is when the brake system gets too hot and starts losing its effectiveness.
We picked these semi-sintered brake Pads for their stronger heat endurance in comparison to other brake pads that are offered. With these pads, you don’t have to lose performance for a longer lifespan. Also, they were designed to keep a steady friction coefficient no matter the temperature or condition.
All in all, EBC Brakes EBPCK1029 is compatible with Harley Davidson FLHRi/FLHR Road King 2000-2007, FLHRCi Road King Classic 2000-2007, and FLHRS/FLHRSi Road King Custom 2004-2007. So if your bike model falls within this range, you’re good to go!
- Dyno tests have repeatedly shown that these V-Pad sintered brake pads outperform and outlast the competition.
- They are an ideal replacement for your heavy cruiser or street bike.
- No matter the temperature or condition, their high density of 2.98 g/cm3 provides unrivaled heat resistance.
- They are completely environment-friendly
- They will not work with a 2016 Electra Glide.
6. Lyndall Brakes Gold Plus 7195 Brake Pads For Harley Davidson Touring
- Provide 20% more stopping power than stock pads yet weighs half as much.
- It runs cooler, and there is hardly any noise or dust generated as a result.
- There is no break-in time required as they contain a unique combination of organic materials and trace iron.
- Carbon-Kevlar (Organic) compounds are used in making these Gold Plus pads
Lyndall Brakes Gold Plus 7195 improves your bike’s stopping power by up to 20%, while only weighing half as much as stock brake pads. These brakes give you the confidence to quickly stop, even in difficult situations. Also, they decrease wear and tear on other suspension components, leaving your bike balanced and nimble.
Whether it’s hot or cold, raining or shining, the organic brake pads with trace iron mixed in will only take a small amount of time to break in. Now, these pads are visibly more solid and can ironically provide a smoother ride than the conventional pads, without compromising on safety or quality.
We appreciate that they are designed to disperse heat better, so the brake system can function at a 30% cooler temperature. This aids in reducing wear and tear on components and lengthens the lifespan of your brakes.
Some of the seasoned bikers told us that when you will use these carbon-Kevlar brake pads, made of a mix of Kevlar and carbon particles, in your Harley they will give you more control even in tough conditions. Too, Carbon-Kevlar is resistant to heat better than other materials, meaning your brakes will last longer before needing replacing.
- Provides excellent results in both wet and dry conditions, so you can be confident in your bike’s stopping power.
- This compound works best when used with stock rotors.
- Equipped with high-performance friction materials
- They generally last up to 18,000 miles
7. AHL Brake Pads For Harley Davidson Touring
- The dimensions of this unit are: 97.54×64.2×7.5mm
- Original equipment manufacturer brake pads made from semi-metallic materials
- Compatible with Harley FLHTCU-I Electra Glide Ultra Classic/FLHRCi Road King Classic/Touring FLHT 2000-2007 and with Dyna FXDLi Dyna Low Rider 2006-2008
- Designed to withstand high temperatures and reduce pollution
AHL is one of the leading suppliers of brake pads for Harley Davidson Touring Bikes. This particular pad is compatible with a variety of models, including FLHTCU-I Electra Glide Ultra Classic/FLHRCi Road King Classic/Touring FLHT 2000-2007 and with Dyna FXDLi Dyna Low Rider 2006-2008 and many others.
The great thing about these Semi-metallic pads is that they are primarily composed of metal, so they will last you much longer anywhere from 30000 to 50,000 miles. Also, they produce less dust than non-semi-metallic pads, which is incredibly important when you’re riding on roads with a lot of loose gravel or sand.
In our experiments, these items outperformed the competition under tough conditions, like when it’s hot outside. You’ll always be safe with these, plus they’re designed to resist vibration and noise for a smoother ride.
In order to be compatible with multiple models, most brake pads have to be modified to fit properly. However, AHL has avoided this issue by keeping their brake pads’ dimensions at 97.54×64.2×7.5mm, which makes them an exact fit for the different models they are compatible with.
- Excellent durability in a variety of climates and long working hours.
- Have a good friction process that will maintain stability regardless of temperature changes.
- They have reasonable prices.
- Possess the specification of Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) standard
- Over time, these brake pads will slowly wear down as they are used, and need to be inspected often for replacement.
Things to Consider While Buying Best Brake Pads For Harley Davidson Touring
To select the most Harley Davidson Touring-appropriate brake pads, it is imperative that you first comprehend how they operate. Brake pads work by creating friction between the brake rotor and wheel to decelerate or stop your vehicle. The type of brake pad you choose will depend on the type of riding you do, the weight of your bike, and your personal preferences.
The following is a list of considerations for anyone shopping for replacement brake pads for their Harley Davidson:
The materials of the brake pads are important because they will determine how well the pads perform and how long they last. There are two three types of materials that are used in making brake pads: Sintered and organic. Sintered pads are made mostly from metal filings while organic pads have no metal.
Consider the pros and cons of each to decide which one works best for you. For example, if you’re looking for pads that won’t create noise, opt for organic pads over sintered ones, as they produce less sound. However, if your goal is to ride through wet or muddy areas with long descents, sintered brake pads would be ideal in those conditions. Remember that organic brakes will also create significantly more brake dust than their sintered counterparts.
The lifespan of a set of brake pads depends on many things but usually falls between 15,000 and 70,000 miles. The typing surface you’re driving on has an impact on how quickly they wear down: the more time spent driving means more use of your brakes and therefore faster wear-and-tear on the brake pads.
The brake pads we have reviewed here are compatible with different bikes including Harley Davidson Touring models. For instance, some of the pads we have reviewed here are compatible with street-cruiser motorcycles. One of them is specifically compatible with Harley Davidson bikes from 2000 to 2007. Another is meant for touring series models.
If you want to see a full list of Harley Davidson models that are compatible with the brake pads we have reviewed, just go to the Amazon links mentioned in every product. Before purchasing any brake pads, always consult the manufacturer’s list of bikes that those particular pads are designed for.
You can damage your bike’s rotors by using incompatible brake pads. To avoid this, be sure to check what type of rotor your bike has before buying new brake pads. For example, sintered brake pads can damage some types of rotors.
For steel, cast iron, or stainless steel rotors, use organic brake pads. If the rotors are made of aluminum alloy or chrome-plated, ceramic brake pads should be used to prevent damage.
Organic brake pads are not as durable as the ones made of harder materials and will fade more quickly. Brake fade occurs when heat builds up, making it difficult or impossible for your bike to brake.
Sintered brake pads are a better option for long, steep descents because they can withstand more heat and are less likely to experience brake fade. Not only are they great for racing, but also ideal if you’re just going on a leisurely ride.
Some brake pads are more likely to cause a build-up of brake dust. If that would negatively impact your decision to purchase a particular set, find out which models are less prone before you make your final selection.
Annoying brake pad squeaks are common and can range from being loudly audible to a more quiet sound. Sintered brake pads tend to make louder noises, while organic ones create less noise.
Terrains and Weather conditions it Can Handle:
When you are choosing the best brake pads, take into account the terrain and weather conditions where you will be riding your bike. Such as, Sintered brake pads work best in wet and muddy trails.
Ceramic brake pads offer dependable performance in a wide variety of conditions, making them an excellent choice for any rider.
Bikers everywhere know that the one thing they cannot sacrifice is their motorcycle’s braking ability. So, when choosing your bike’s brake pads, be extremely cautious. The best quality brake pad for your Harley Davidson can significantly improve the performance and safety of your ride.
All of the products mentioned in this guide are great, but EBC Brakes EBPCK1027 takes the cake. They’re ECE R 90 and TUV certified, and they’re made from sintered metal due to which they are incredibly durable and offer superior stopping power. Plus, they’re manufactured to fit numerous Harley Davidson models.
We hope this guide has helped you learn a bit more about brake pads for your Harley Davidson motorcycle and made the selection process easier. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.
I am David Riedel founder of Bikerwhizz, I’m a technician at Keystone Harley Davidson with more than 10 years of industry experience. I’m here to help you solve motorbike problems, customizations, tweaks, and easy fixes to enjoy your rides more.
Leave a Reply