If you’re a fan of supermoto riding, you know that choosing the right helmet is crucial for your safety on the track. Not only do you need a helmet that fits well and feels comfortable, but it also needs to offer the necessary protection in case of a crash. That’s why I wanted to talk about the best supermoto helmet options out there.
As someone who has ridden supermoto for years, I’ve tried out a variety of helmet brands and styles, and I’ve narrowed down my top picks for you. Trust me, investing in a good supermoto helmet is worth it – it could potentially save your life in a worst-case scenario. So let’s dive in and find the perfect helmet for your supermoto needs!
Best Supermoto Helmet – Top Picks
We’ve rounded up the best supermoto helmets on the market and broken down their features to help you decide which one is right for you. From venting and aerodynamics to padding and straps, you’ll find everything you need to make an informed decision. So, let’s get started and find the perfect supermoto helmet for you!
1. O’NEAL 2 SRS SPYDE Helmet
When it comes to finding a helmet for off-road riding, it can be hard to find one that is both comfortable and safe. The O’NEAL Helmet offers superior protection and comfort to ensure safety and long-term use. It is also a lightweight and breathable helmet that provides superior protection, comfort, and peace of mind while riding. Aside from its versatility, it is available in a variety of designs and colors, making it the perfect choice for those who are looking for both style and protection.
Its shell is constructed with ABS, which is extremely lightweight yet incredibly strong and impact-resistant. This makes it perfect for protecting your head and faces from any potential hazards you might encounter on the road. The ultra-plush padding is also designed to provide extra comfort and cushioning, so you can ride in comfort.
It also ensures a snug fit, so you don’t have to worry about your helmet coming loose while you’re out on the road. The liner is removable and washable, so you can keep your helmet clean and fresh after each ride. As well as multiple air vents, it keeps your head cool even when temperatures rise. That’s great for those long, hot days on the track!
The Height Adjustable Visor allows you to customize the fit of the helmet to your head size, giving you the perfect fit. Further, the visor eliminates glare and wind noise, so you can stay focused on the road.
Double-D Chin Strap ensures that the helmet stays securely on your head, even in the most extreme conditions. Plus, it’s easy to buckle and unbuckle, so you won’t have to struggle with it each time you put on or take off the helmet.
The rubber roost nose guard feature helps to protect the rider’s nose from flying debris and other potential hazards that may be encountered during the ride. It wraps around the rider’s face and covers the nose and mouth area, providing an extra layer of protection from the elements. Additionally, this also helps to reduce noise from the wind, which can be distracting and uncomfortable.
What We Like
- The Lightweight reduces rider fatigue and increases comfort.
- Multiple air vents allow for increased airflow, providing ventilation while riding.
- Its adjustable visor enables the user to adjust the helmet to its desired level of visibility.
- The washable liner allows for easy cleaning, hygiene, and maintenance.
- Offers superior protection for aggressive riding
- Stylish color scheme complements supermoto bikes
- Also suitable for mountain biking, dirt biking, and PWC riding
- Complies with DOT standards and is good for off-road riding
What We Don’t Like
- Runs a full size smaller than other brands
- Chin strap may loosen if not bitten down on properly
2. 1Storm Dual Sport Face Helmet
When choosing a helmet for your riding needs, there are many factors to consider, such as safety, comfort, and aeration, but many helmets are bulky, uncomfortable, and lack of adequate ventilation. The 1Storm Dual Sport Face Helmet is a full face helmet designed to meet the needs of a variety of riders. It’s comfortable to wear, comes with adjustable straps for a secure fit, and offers plenty of protection with its sturdy construction.
The Inner Smoked Visor makes this helmet perfect for sunny days, as it blocks out the sun’s glare while still providing enough visibility. The Outer Clear Shield provides a great amount of protection from the wind, bugs, or other debris.
In addition, the Aerodynamic design helps to reduce wind noise and increases air circulation to keep the user cool during hot weather.
As this helmet is DOT approved, you can rest assured that you are getting the highest grade of protection when you wear it. It has a soft, plush interior that will keep your head and face safe from impacts and bumps. Plus, the interior is washable, so you can keep it clean and looking like new.
Throughout the helmet, fresh air circulates through eleven ventilation points, dispersing heat and moisture. And, with its Quick Release Buckle, you can easily put on and take off your helmet, and it’s also adjustable making it easy to adjust the fit of your helmet.
Superior protection is provided by the thermoplastic alloy shell. It’s lightweight, yet incredibly strong that can withstand collisions and prevent injury.
What We Like
- This helmet is DOT-certified, ensuring maximum safety for the wearer.
- The inner smoked visor provides superior UV protection and a glare-free view.
- Aerodynamic design reduces drag, allowing for better airflow and increased stability.
- The heavily cushioned interior of the helmet offers superior comfort and protection for riders.
- Built-in sunglasses remove the need for extra accessories
- Comfortable chin strap that is easily adjustable
- Compatible with anti-fog lens for winter riding
What We Don’t Like
- Bulky in size (but adjustable straps make it comfortable)
- May be loud at high speeds
- No cutouts for a Bluetooth system in the helmet
3. 509 Tactical Helmet (Black Ops)
Trying to find a helmet that is both stylish and offers tactical protection. Many helmets out there are either purely for looks or for protection, but not both. It can be difficult to find a helmet that is both fashionable and protective. The 509 Tactical Helmet is the perfect solution for those looking for a stylish helmet that also offers safety on the road.
In our tests, the 509 Tactical Helmet (Black Ops) performed exceptionally well in terms of protection, comfort, and visibility. The polycarbonate outer shell is incredibly strong and provides excellent protection against impacts and other hazards. Your head will be protected from harm by the EPS head foam, which is incredibly comfortable and provides ample cushioning. As well as being easy to clean, the removable liner can also be replaced when necessary.
With its wide field of view, you can easily scan your surroundings and spot potential threats. This is especially useful in emergency situations where every second counts. It has a class-leading eye port opening. With it, you can easily combine the helmet with any 509 goggles for a perfect fit with minimal to zero skin exposure. This is great for anyone who values skin exposure and maximum visibility.
It’s DOT approved and meets the FMVSS 218 Standard, which includes impact resistance, penetration resistance, and retention system strength. Ensuring that riders receive the highest level of protection while participating in supermoto riding. This feature not only provides riders with peace of mind but also helps to reduce the risk of serious injury in the event of an accident.
What We Like
- This helmet will keep you warm up even when the temperature reaches -7 degrees
- Wide eye port opening enhances rider visibility.
- Breath box prevents fogging of goggles
- Lightweight and comfortable with GoPro mount
- Well-designed visor doesn’t create lift at high speeds
- Well-vented for warm weather
- Built-in face mask is a great bonus
- The removable liner allows for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- The polycarbonate outer shell offers superior protection and durability.
- Also Ideal for snowmobiling
What We Don’t Like
- It is a little heavy (but becomes habitual with daily use)
- The paint may peel off after limited use
4. O’Neal Sierra II Full-Face Slingshot Helmet
The O’Neal Helmet is jam-packed with features that make it stand out from the competition. It is made from high-quality material that provides superior protection from impact and debris. Additionally, the helmet has been designed to be lightweight and streamlined, making it easier to maneuver and reducing fatigue while riding.
This helmet is designed specifically for street and off-road riding, so you know it’s made to stand up to whatever terrain you’re tackling. And with its moisture-wicking fabric, you won’t have to worry about getting sweaty and uncomfortable on those hot days.
The shell is constructed with ABS, which is strong and lightweight, so you can ride with confidence knowing your head is well protected. It also features an integrated face shield to keep debris and wind out of your eyes, and a padded chin strap with a double safety lock so you can trust that your helmet is securely fastened.
The air-channeled liner is removable and washable, which allows riders to keep the helmet clean and in top condition. Helmet liners regulate temperature and ensure a comfortable ride whether you’re riding a track or a trail.
A height-adjustable shield is also included on the helmet, which can be easily customized to fit your head size. This allows for a better fit and an improved level of comfort. It provides excellent visibility thanks to its wide field of view, so you can see what’s ahead of you without obstruction.
What We Like
- Peaked visors provide superior wind protection, reduce glare, and increase visibility.
- Its airflow is quite impressive, allowing for more cooling and reducing sweating.
- The chin strap provides extra grip, helping to keep the helmet in place while in use.
- A moisture-wicking liner in the helmet keeps the head and face dry
- Enough room for glasses or sunglasses
- Surprisingly quiet with excellent optics and visors
- Convenient flip-down sun visor
- Good airflow for summer riding
- Protects the face during a spill
- Great for visibility on and off-road
What We Don’t Like
- This helmet does not have cutouts for speakers.
- Built-in sun shade is too short
- Visor catches wind at higher speeds
- The inner shield is tough to drop down/up
- Foggiest helmet
5. Shoei VFX-EVO Helmet
Riders are looking for a helmet that combines style, safety, and comfort into one package. Many riders are stuck trying to choose between a helmet that looks cool and one that will protect them during a crash. Furthermore, many helmets are uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. With the Shoei VFX-EVO helmet, riders are sure to find a helmet that gives protection, comfort, and elegance. It is made with a combination of top-quality materials that are lightweight and impact-resistant, ensuring maximum protection during a crash. At the same time, the helmet has a stylish look, making it ideal for long rides.
The aerodynamic shell of the helmet is designed to reduce drag, allowing you to cruise along the track with minimal effort. The multi-density EPS material helps protect you in the event of an accident, absorbing and dispersing the energy of an impact.
Eyeports give you a wide peripheral field of vision, ensuring you can see obstacles and potential hazards on the road. And the EQRS quick-release system ensures you’ll be able to take off your helmet quickly and easily in an emergency.
A roost-protective design is also included in the helmet that helps to keep rocks and debris away from your face and head. This is especially important when racing on dirt tracks, as the roost can be a hazard and cause serious injuries.
Moreover, EPS material would protect your head and neck from the effects of rotational force in the event of a crash. It features a V-470 visor which helps reduce the amount of fogging and distortion while providing optimal visibility.
What We Like
- Provides superior airflow to keep the rider by reducing heat buildup.
- The adjustable fit system provides a comfortable fit for all head sizes.
- In an accident, the helmet absorbs and dissipates rotational acceleration energy, reducing head injuries.
- EQRS quick-release system allows for easy helmet removal and secure fastening.
- Compatible with glasses and neck braces
- Interacts well with Alpinestars BNS neck brace
- Ideal for off-road riding and adventure biking
- Suitable for hot and humid climates
What We Don’t Like
- Aggressive styling on the sides makes it challenging to mount a com system securely
- Inner pads may come loose
- May generate lift over 40mph when the peak is in the highest position.
6. HJC i10 Helmet For Supermoto
Riding a Supermoto motorcycle can be dangerous, and a helmet is a necessary part of riding safely. In the incident of an accident, a false helmet could lead to serious injury or death. Fortunately, the HJC Helmet for Supermoto was upgraded with many advanced features. These features provide the rider with the perfect combination of protection and visibility that makes Supermoto riding a great experience.
The adjustable chin strap and D-ring closure system work together to ensure a secure fit, while the glasses groove allows riders to wear their glasses with ease. In addition, the multi-cool moisture-wicking comfort liner effectively absorbs sweat and reduces heat build-up, making it perfect for those long rides.
It’s also DOT-approved, meaning it meets all federal safety standards. This ensures that you are getting a secure, stable, and cozy helmet that will protect your head in the event of an accident. It has been tested to meet or exceed the US DOT and ECE 22.05 safety standards and has earned a 5-star rating from SHARP, the UK’s safety helmet testing agency.
The advanced CAD technology ensures that the helmet is designed for the strongest and most reliable protection possible. And the optically superior anti-fog visor prevents fogging even in extreme conditions. In addition to providing maximum protection against debris and other elements, the 3D face shield also provides maximum shielding.
What We Like
- A moisture-wicking liner keeps you dry by taking away sweat from your head.
- There is also space for Bluetooth devices.
- When compared to other high-priced helmets, this helmet is cheaper and provides the same features.
- The 3D face shield provides superior protection against impacts.
- Snug and comfortable fit for the semi-oval head shape.
- Narrow profile for a more flattering look
- Good ventilation and minimal wind noise
- Comfortable padding for long rides
- Provides good protection in an accident
- Hidden cord options for Sena
- Comfortable and glasses-friendly fit for safety
What We Don’t Like
- Cheek pads may be too tight for some and tight to get on and off
- May run a little small and feel heavy at first
- Difficult to mount non-brand Bluetooth devices
7. Shoei RF-1400 Street Helmet
The streets can be dangerous places, with cars, trucks, and motorcycles all competing for space. The risk of an accident is ever present, and riders need to trust their helmet to provide the best possible protection in the event of a crash. Unfortunately, it can be hard to find a helmet that meets these criteria.
Shoei RF-1400 Helmet is an excellent option for street riders who want premium protection and a fashionable look. The helmet is constructed with a special lightweight composite shell and exceeds safety standards.
With the Enhanced Vision feature, you can remain aware of your surroundings by providing superior peripheral vision and enhanced clarity, even when riding at night. The Optimized Ventilation System keeps you cool and comfortable in any weather conditions. It includes a high-flow intake to keep your head cool and exhaust vents to keep the air flowing.
The aerodynamic design ensures you get the best performance from your helmet, with minimal drag and disturbance from the wind. As a result, you will be able to handle tight turns and curves with ease. EPS Liner helps to absorb shock, so your body and head stay safe in case of an accident.
It also comes with an Emergency Quick Release System (E.Q.R.S.), allowing you to quickly remove the helmet in the event of an emergency. With RF Advanced Noise Reduction, you can relax and enjoy your ride with reduced noise and turbulence. And, with a Snell M2020D and DOT Approved construction, you know you’re getting a helmet that meets the highest safety standards.
What We Like
- Quiter than other helmets
- Helmets provide enough space for riders to wear glasses.
- Excellent ventilation with noticeable airflow, especially on the top of the head
- In terms of visibility, the helmet has great visibility and no blind spots at all.
- By using a breath guard, you will be able to breathe easier and have better air circulation.
- Extremely comfortable with no pressure points or hot spots.
- Fits glasses perfectly without forcing them against your head
- Fits a Bluetooth headset well and is easy to install
- Inner padding is removable for washing/replacement
- Lens is nice and quick-release system works well
What We Don’t Like
- The large forehead vent is difficult to open and close while wearing gloves
- Tight fit can tear the back of ears when putting on or taking off
- Cheek pads may be too tight for some users
- Tight in the jawline for some users
8. BELL MX-9 Adventure Helmet
Many riders don’t have a great helmet to wear while riding their motorcycle. Those riders often suffer from headaches, neck pain, and other discomforts from the constant shaking and vibration of their ride.
They also don’t have the protection they need against impact and debris that can cause serious injury. After testing out the BELL MX-9 Adventure Helmet, we can confidently say that it is a great all-around helmet that offers superior protection, great looks, and excellent comfort.
Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) allows the helmet to absorb energy from impacts from multiple directions by using a low-friction layer between the helmet and the head. This helps to reduce the rotational forces experienced by the head, neck, and brain during a crash. The reduction of rotational forces helps to reduce the likelihood of a concussion or other traumatic brain injury.
The quick-drying materials help to wick away sweat and moisture to keep the rider cool and dry. Additionally, the washable liner allows for easy cleaning, so riders can maintain the condition of their helmet and keep it looking like new.
The Polycarbonate/ABS build of the helmet is both lightweight and durable, providing rider protection during a supermoto ride. The DOT (US) and ECE (EU) Approved feature ensures that the helmet meets all safety standards in both the United States and Europe. This helps to ensure that the helmet offers the user the highest level of protection while riding.
What We Like
- Come with both a clear and a tinted visor
- With headphones ports, riders can listen to music or take calls while keeping their hands on the handlebars.
- Face shields provide increased protection for the face and head.
- Liner grips provide a better fit and improve safety by holding the helmet securely in place.
- Comfortable and snug fit with no discomfort
- Extended side-to-side visibility
- Anti-bacterial liner and MIPS technology included
- No headache feel after long rides
- Compatible with Bluetooth devices
- Minimal noise with a wide view range
What We Don’t Like
- Not enough space for glasses (but adjustable chin straps provide room for glasses).
- Shield is not crystal clear and has slight distortion.
- Can be loud when traveling fast, and ear protection is needed for long trips
- May feel tight on some head shapes
- Sun shield is thin, durability could be an issue
9. ILM Off Road Dual Sport Helmet
For off-road motorcycle riders, finding a helmet that provides a good fit and comfortable protection can be a challenge. Many riders find that off-road helmets are too tight or uncomfortable, reducing the enjoyment of their ride. The ILM Sport Helmet is the perfect solution for off-road riders looking for a comfortable and secure fit. The lightweight and adjustable design provide a snug fit without sacrificing protection.
Dual Visors are great because they can be switched easily between the clear and tinted visor, depending on what type of riding you’re doing and the amount of light you need. This allows you to adjust the visor to suit your needs and environment.
Aerodynamic design helps reduce drag and turbulence so you can ride more efficiently and with less effort. It’s also made with an ABS shell – a super tough material that can withstand high impacts and resist scratches and dents.
A detachable ear pad is included, so you can easily remove them if you want to ride with an open-face helmet. The Quick Release Strap is convenient and makes it easy to get your helmet on and off quickly, so you don’t have to worry about fiddling with buckles and straps every time you want to ride.
Front and top airflow visors help keep your head cool and comfortable no matter the conditions.
This is great for those hot summer days when you need a little extra airflow.
What We Like
- Helmet shake/buffering is ZERO
- The outer shield provides a clear and unobstructed field of vision.
- An effective snug fit increases safety and security for the user.
- Equipped with clear and shaded pull-down visors for a wide vision area
- Washable liners make it easy to clean the helmet and maintain it regularly
- Also, Ideal for ATV and Enduro riding
- Built-in sunglasses function well
- Soft padding lining can be removed
- Secure fit without glasses pinching or slipping
- Good ventilation and breath box to avoid fogging.
What We Don’t Like
- No mouth area vents
- Antifog lens is not included but can be added with an aftermarket product.
- Wind noise is similar to wearing a half helmet.
- Inner sun visor may be too high in some sizes.
- Wind visor is not fog-resistant but can be treated with an anti-fog product.
10. YEMA YM-915 Supermoto Helmet
Finding an affordable yet well-made helmet that can handle the high speeds and unpredictable terrain of a supermoto race can be challenging. Most riders are on a budget and are looking for a helmet that is light, comfortable, and well-ventilated while providing adequate protection. The YEMA YM-915 Supermoto Helmet is an excellent solution to meet these demands.
The Aerodynamic curved design reduces drag and allows for superior aerodynamic performance. This ensures the helmet is able to provide the rider with a lower center of gravity and increased stability. The Multi-Density EPS (expanded polystyrene) used in the helmet provides superior impact protection, as it is made from multiple layers of different densities and is better able to absorb and dissipate energy from impact. This helps to minimize the risk of traumatic brain injury in the event of a crash or impact.
As a result of the reinforced chin strap, there is less movement or shifting of the helmet while in motion, while the quick-release buckle allows the rider to easily and quickly adjust the helmet fit and tension without having to remove the helmet.
For supermoto riders, the extra space for glasses is beneficial because it allows them to wear glasses while riding, which can help enhance visibility when navigating winding or unpredictable terrain. In addition to the washable liner, the helmet also has a removable interior that can be easily cleaned after each ride.
It meets the highest safety standards due to its DOT FMVSS 218 approval, ensuring a high level of protection for riders.
What We Like
- Allows a comfortable fit for various head sizes and shapes.
- Cool air flows through the helmet’s vents, which are beneficial in hot weather.
- There are no blind spots on the helmet and it provides great visibility.
- The helmet has a moisture-wicking liner to keep the head and face dry.
- Easy to disassemble for cleaning.
- Provides high-impact crash protection, potentially saving the user’s life.
- Good ventilation even in hot and dry conditions.
- Blocks wind well when used with goggles
- Offers superior protection compared to a standard mountain bike helmet
- Recommended for ATV riding as well
- Comes with a comfortable chin strap
What We Don’t Like
- Very narrow in the jaw (but adjustable straps can be used to custom fit).
- Runs a bit snug initially but becomes comfortable quickly
- May not be a good fit for those with round heads
How To Choose Best SuperMoto Helmet – Buying Guide
According to a study conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Found that helmet use reduces the risk of head injury by 69%, and the risk of death by 37%. It concluded that wearing a helmet is the single most effective way to reduce death and disability due to motorcycle-related injuries.
Supermoto helmets are designed specifically for off-road and motocross riding and are typically lightweight. Before you go out and purchase one, you should understand the features that make a good helmet and the safety standards that it must adhere to.
Here’s a buying guide to help you understand what to look for when choosing a supermoto helmet.
Size and Shape
The most important factor when selecting a Supermoto Helmet is size. Check the size chart that comes with the Helmet or use a soft measuring tape around your head to get an accurate measurement. You want to make sure the Helmet is neither too tight nor too loose.
Supermoto helmets typically come in three shapes: oval, round, and intermediate. Oval helmets are best for riders with an oval-shaped head, while round helmets are best for a round-shaped head. Finally, intermediate helmets are designed to fit riders with a head shape that falls somewhere between oval and round.
When looking for a Supermoto Helmet, you’ll want to look for helmets that meet or exceed the safety ratings from the Department of Transportation (DOT), ECE, and the Snell Memorial Foundation. Both of these organizations provide safety ratings for helmets, and their ratings are widely accepted as the industry standard for motorcycle helmet safety. It’s also a good idea to check out reviews from other riders to see how the helmet performs in the real world.
Supermoto helmets are made from polycarbonate or fiberglass. Both materials offer excellent protection and durability, but polycarbonate is usually lighter and more affordable. Fiberglass is usually more expensive and provides superior protection, but it is also heavier.
The ventilation system is especially important for off-road riders who may be exposed to extreme temperatures. The better the ventilation, the cooler and more comfortable the helmet will be. Look for helmets with vents on the top, sides, and back to get maximum airflow.
Supermoto helmets are a great way to keep riders safe while they are out on the track or off-road. Not only do they protect riders from head injuries, but they also provide visibility and ventilation.
After reviewing a variety of helmets and taking into account the features, and quality, we believe that the O’NEAL 2 SRS SPYDE Helmet is the overall best choice. It provides excellent protection, is lightweight, and comes in a variety of sizes, making it a great choice for any rider.
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API